NLN Education Summit 2012Opening Doors to Leadership: Purpose, Power, Passion
September 19 - September 22
Marriott/Convention Center; Anaheim, CA
Register Online by May 31 and Save
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE/CALENDAR LISTING
New York, NY — April 26, 2012 — This year, the National League for Nursing returns to the West Coast to host Education Summit 2012 in Anaheim, California, September 19-22. The most important conference of the year for nurse educators in all academic settings and executives in allied health care organizations will take place at the Marriott/Convention Center hotel/resort, located minutes from Disneyland.
Said NLN president Dr. Judith Halstead, "Opening Doors to Leadership: Purpose, Power, Passion will explore the tools necessary for opening the doors to successful leadership; discuss innovative and adaptive curricula that address health care imperatives; celebrate individual and collective accomplishments; and strengthen education and practice partnerships." Added NLN CEO Dr. Beverly Malone, "All this, while offering unparalleled opportunities for learning, teaching, reconnecting, and networking with colleagues, and rejuvenating in body and spirit."
Summit highlights include:
- Wednesday evenings opening session featuring the keynote address from Dr. David Benton, CEO of the International Council of Nurses, Opening Doors to Global Leadership: Perspectives from the ICN.
- Thursdays plenary presentation by Dr. Olenda Johnson of the US Naval War College, Purpose, Power, and Passion: Keys to Transformational Leadership and a subsequent dialogue with Dr. Halstead, Dr. Malone, and Summit participants about creative ways to lead educational reform.
- The presentation of the NLN Awards and the Constituent League Leadership Awards following the much anticipated CEO Summit Address on Friday morning.
- The faculty meeting, featuring NLN president-elect Dr. Marsha Adams conducting the open dialogue that is the hallmark of this annual gathering.
- Simulation Competencies: A Door to Leadership, the annual Debra L. Spunt Lecture , funded by Laerdal Medical, delivered on Saturday morning by Baylor Professor for Healthcare Research at the University of Texas at Arlington and president of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare Dr. Beth Mancini.
Throughout the four-day gathering, concurrent sessions and workshops will tackle three themes: innovations in teaching and learning, simulation and technology-focused teaching strategies, and enhancing leadership in nursing.
New programming and activities this year include Saturday afternoon post-Summit workshops on a variety of professional development topics and new awards from NLN Testing Services and the Hearst Foundations. And for the first time, in 2012, abstracts for all concurrent session are available online at www.nln.org/summit to help participants choose the sessions they wish to attend.
For complete information on NLN Summit 2012 and to register, visit www.nln.org/summit. For additional registration questions, please call the NLN Summit registration hotline: 1-800-321-6338. Again this year, as a thank you for using online registration, the NLN will place names in a drawing for an outstanding selection of valuable prizes.
Editors and reporters: For interview opportunities, please contact NLN chief communications officer, Karen R. Klestzick at 212-812-0376 or email@example.com.
Dedicated to excellence in nursing, the National League for Nursing is the premier organization for nurse faculty and leaders in nursing education. The NLN offers professional development, networking opportunities, testing services, nursing research grants, and public policy initiatives to its 35,000 individual and 1,200 institutional members. NLN members represent nursing education programs across the spectrum of higher education and health care organizations and agencies.