Elder Abuse in the United States: A Teaching Strategy for Nurses
Printer friendly version of this teaching strategy
ConsultGeriRN.org the website of the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing at New York University's College of Nursing, contains many evidence-based assessment tools. Located on the ConsultGeriRN website is a variety of assessment tools on topics relevant to the care of older adults. The How to Try This series is comprised of articles and videos demonstrating the use of the Try This series® . How to Try This articles and videos are listed under their respective Try This article. Those listed below can be used to assess, evaluate, and discuss the needs of older adults and abuse, with students.
Click here link to go to ConsultGeriRN.org and the Try This® and How to Try This resources.
- Elder Mistreatment Assessment
- Modified Caregiver Strain (For caregiver/family members)
- Confusion Assessment Method (CAM)
- Katz Index of Independence in Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
- The Lawton Instrumental Activities of Daily Living(IADL)Scale