Printer friendly version of this teaching strategy
Overview of Teaching Strategy
These teaching strategies can be adapted to a variety of ways: used in clinical or classroom settings; utilized with actual or simulated scenarios; and designed for both beginning and advanced nursing courses.
The student will:
- Describe the geriatric syndrome(s) affecting the patient.
- Explore the complexity of care associated with the identified geriatric syndromes.
- Develop a coordinated plan of care for an older adult with a geriatric syndrome.
- Explain how the geriatric syndrome increases the older adult's vulnerability during transitions in care settings.
Essential Knowledge Domains
- Individualized Aging
- Complexity of Care
- Vulnerability During Transitions
ACES Essential Nursing Actions
- Assess Function and Expectations
- Use Evolving Knowledge
NLN Education Competencies
- Nursing Judgement
- Spirit of Inquiry
To begin, use the links below: