Oral Health for the Older Adult Living in the Community
Overview of Teaching Strategy
Oral health promotion for older adults living in the community is directed at interventions and services to prolong functional status. Students will determine older adults’ oral health needs and barriers to receiving oral health care in the community using the ACE.S framework.
- Assess oral health needs of older adults living independently in the community.
- Determine barriers for older adults to obtain oral health care in the community
- Describe the role of the nurse when providing oral health care to older adults in the community.
ACES Knowledge Domains
- Individualized Aging
- Complexity of Care
ACES Essential Nursing Actions
- Assess Function and Expectations
- Coordinate and Manage Care
- Make Situational Decisions
NLN Education Competencies
- Nursing Judgment
- Human Flourishing
- Professional Identity
- Spirit of Inquiry
To begin, use the links below: Getting Started